It’s been quite a journey from the rodeo to the International jumping arena for show jumping maverick Todd Minikus. Two-time U.S. Pan American Team bronze medalist, Todd Minikus cut his teeth riding bulls before making the leap to jumpers in 1980. From the very start, tough-as-nails Todd has proved to be an undeniable force in the ring, forging an impressive career with over 130 Grand Prix wins, eight FEI World Cup Jumping Finals, and over 20 Nations Cup teams competitions under his belt in addition to being listed as the second highest Lifetime earner by the USHJA.
Originally from Des Moines, Iowa, Todd now calls Wellington, Florida, home along with his wife Amanda, his son, Colt and their daughter, Langley. When not at the barn or on the road, he enjoys playing a round of golf and riding his motorcycle. Rumored to be half-horse, Todd is a firm believer in setting his horses up for success by making sure they get into the jump correctly which includes laying the proper foundation with a solid training regimen that includes the daily use of Vita Flex joint supplements.
Todd Minikus’ Favorite Vita Flex Products:
There’s no way the horse can go through the turn comfortably if his joints don’t have the proper joint lubrication. Vita Flex Equinyl Joint Formula helps keep our horses in great shape.”
“Vita Flex helps keep my horses in tip-top condition for competing and making sure we that we stay in the winner’s circle.”
Todd Minikus Career Highlights
- Two-time Bronze Medalist US Pan American Team Rider
- 2014 Equestrian of the Year
- 2014 Winner $1 Million Grand Prix at HITS Saugerties
- Ranked second in Lifetime earnings by the Unites States Hunter Jumper Association (USHJA)
- Winner 2016 $86,000 Marshall and Sterling CSI2* Grand Prix, Winter Equestrian Festival, Wellington, Florida, on Quality Girl
- 2016 Winner two $130,000 Adequan Grand Prix wins on Babalou 41
- Over 130 National and International Grand Prix wins
- Winner $216,000 Tryon Estates Grand Prix CSI4*
- Winner 2015 $100,000 US Nations Cup, Palm Beach International Equestrian Center
- 2015 Winner $150,000 Lugano Diamonds CSIO 4* Grand Prix.